THE AWFUL TRUTH ABOUT THE HAGFISH CHRONICLES

This is not an informative blog regarding the hagfish. It is, instead, an autobiographical work by me, Ann Murray. I am not a fish. Sorry. This in one form or other, is the story of my mishaps, and also, some of my haps. Fair and Balanced and all that.

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THE RULES YOU LIVE BY

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THE RULES YOU LIVE BY
JENNY HOLZER

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Woman in Terminal-Staten Island Ferry 1977


I saw this woman frequently in the terminal of the Staten Island Ferry. I believe she was homeless. If not homeless, then terribly down on her luck. I felt bad in a sense, taking her picture. I was invading her privacy. But the desperate have been an obsession with me since I was sixteen years old. I think she was a desperate person, as I define them.
Click image to enlarge.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

G said...

Its an excellent picture, I especially like how the woman sitting next to her seems to be sheilding herself from the possibly homeless woman. Like her desperation is catching.

Ps. Thankyou for your comment on my blog :)