THE AWFUL TRUTH ABOUT THE HAGFISH CHRONICLES

This is not an informative blog regarding the hagfish. It is, instead, an autobiographical work by me, Ann Murray. I am not a fish. Sorry. This in one form or other, is the story of my mishaps, and also, some of my haps. Fair and Balanced and all that.

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THE RULES YOU LIVE BY

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THE RULES YOU LIVE BY
JENNY HOLZER

Thursday, November 17, 2005

To My Friend Ara



Querida,
Te amo.

In my eyes, you are strong and beautiful because you continue to live with such an immense stone across your soul, across your heart, and across your mind. You carry that which would break the so-called strong who are never so challenged by life as you are.

I make this statement publicly.

You are my beloved loyal treasure. You have understood it when I have fallen from grace. You have cared enough to send me Neruda, and to give me your gentle loving hand to hold in my own darkness.

Humanity lives in blindness Querida. They only see what is safe. You look into the pit of hell, and come back scorched to tell the story of what you have seen.

My sister Ara, I salute you. You are my honored friend.

Always,
Ann

4 comments:

sara said...

MAY PEACE BE UPON YOUR SOUL, HEART, MIND, AND BODY...AMEN
I SUPPORT THIS : )

Hagfish said...

Thank you Sara.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful and touching tribute. Well done, hagfish.

Rufus

Hagfish said...

Thank you Rufe. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding the other piece you liked. It's always great to get encouraging words.